Best Banana Bread

My family adores banana bread.  I've tried a billion different recipes, but Pioneer Woman's is by far my favorite. First of all it does not include nuts- I don't like nutty or seedy bread.  Secondly, it makes a ton, & I mean a ton, of bread.  Which in my family means it will last two days instead of one.  I know I've directed you towards this recipe before, but I wanted to get it on the Mixing Bowl page so I thought I better post it.  The only thing that I add to this recipe is 2 teaspoons of vanilla, just 'cuz.  My extra drop of wisdom for this bread is this: use very, very brown bananas.  Wait till those babies look super dark & mushy, then they will make the perfect banana bread.  Here's the skinny...
Ingredients
2 sticks soften butter
1 1/2 + 2 tablespoons sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
4 1/8 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup sour cream
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease & flour a bunt pan or two large loaf pans.
Cream butter & sugar.  Add vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time beating in between.  Mix in mashed bananas.
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add dry ingredients & sour cream alternately, mixing in between.  Beat well until all ingredients are well combined, batter will be very thick.
Pour into pan & bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Turn upside down on a cooling rack & allow bread to cool a bit before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment