My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm a big fan of good ol' chocolate chip cookies.  There's nothing better than chocolate chip cookie dough- proven fact.  Follow that up with a warm fresh from the oven gooey chocolate chip cookie & you're pretty much in heaven.  I've made chocolate chip cookies since I can remember.  My Grandma was the one who originally got me hooked on them... & the dough.  After years of experimentation & trying various recipes, I've landed on a recipe that I use now consistently.  I'm a soft in the middle cookie kind of girl when it comes to chocolate chip cookie & this recipe does just that.  Here's the scoop...
Ingredients
3/4 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Using electric mixer beat well shortening & brown sugar.  Beat in egg & vanilla until fluffy.  Mix in flour, salt & baking soda until well combined.  By hand stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are brown & center is still gooey.  Let cool for a minute & then transfer to cooling rack.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment