Homemade Christmas Gifts: Hot Cocoa

This is the first year I've done this one.  It was so fun to organize the boxes with a little hot chocolate theme.  Plus the homemade hot cocoa mix is awesome.  You can make this gift for a family...
...or for just one person.  It's also very affordable & super cute.  I added a few candy canes to put in the hot chocolate for that peppermint flavor.
I also made flavored stirring spoons.  I decided to make my spoons mint, because I love mint chocolate & because I liked the green color.  First I wrote on the spoons what their purpose was, in case there was any confusion.
 I used these mint chips for the flavor.  I melted them using the double boiler method & then used a spatula to put chocolate in the plastic spoon.  Then I set them aside to cool.  Once cooled I wrapped them in plastic & that was it.  The last thing I added to my hot cocoa kit was a little bag of marshmallows.  Super simple, super cute, super yummy, & super affordable.  Yep, I like it.  Here's how to make the hot cocoa.
Ingredients
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1/8 teaspoon salt
Directions
Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl & whisk until evenly blended.  Pour into bags or jars & decorate with ribbon & a tag with instructions.  Makes about 4 cups of mix.

And here are some tags you can use to label your awesome homemade gift, or you can make your own tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment