Cheddar Drop Biscuits

I'm not a seafood fan, but I grew up in a family of seafood lovers.  Which meant whenever we were outside of Montana & somewhere big enough to support a Red Lobster, we stopped & ate.  I generally would order popcorn shrimp & drown them in ketchup so I could bare the taste.  But one thing I gobbled up without reserve were the "Cheddar Bay Biscuits".  Mmmm, how I loved those biscuits.  I could never get enough.  For some reason a few weeks back I got a hankerin' for said biscuits.  And so began my pursuit to find a recipe that brought that same great cheesy, buttery biscuit that I remember as a kid.  As you can see my quest was successful.  These biscuits are easy & quick to make.  Plus they are so yummy & flavorful that you won't need any extra butter or jam.  Whip 'em up,  you won't be disappointed.  Here's the skinny...
Ingredients
2 cups Bisquick (or any baking/biscuit mix)
1 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray or silicone liner.
In large bowl stir together Bisquick, cheese, & garlic powder.  Add in milk & stir until mixed well.  Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. (Dough will be very sticky so you may need to spray spoon with cooking spray.)
Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits begin to slightly brown around edges, but don't over-bake.  No one likes dry biscuits!
While the biscuits bake, melt butter and stir in salt & garlic powder.  As soon as biscuits come out of the oven, using a pastry brush, coat the top of each biscuit with the butter mixture.  Serve warm & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment